Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Folksonomies - Making Meaning

Following up on my post from yesterday I began looking this morning at other forms of knowledge sharing online. I love the idea of Daniel Terdiman that the web can be used for creating new taxonomies or as he calls them folksonomies (which I assume means groups of folks creating a taxonomy) through the various tools for sharing.

My experience in the past has been of
content management - the idea that content chaos is a better mode of learning appeals to my personal experience of learning.

I wonder what others think. Why not comment below so we can take this further,

cheers,

Haydn

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Haydn

Came this way after noting a del.icio.us tag link on the VolResource webstats. The use and relevance of Taxonomy in the voluntary sector is one of my interests, which I've used as a trial for a wiki I set up yesterday (!): http://www.voluntarynews.org/wiki/index.php?title=Taxonomy.

No comment on learning relevance at this point, but I'm also intrigued by the 'Charity Info - Possible reseacrh topic' you put against the del.ico.us tag for VolResource!

John Howes@volresource.org.uk

Monday, November 28, 2005 8:20:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi John,

I worked in the voluntary sector for fourteen years before studying management and coming into Higher Education and teaching Business. I managed finances for most of the time but led one organisation through the implementation of the 1992 Charity Act which was fun.

I'm currently working in the e-learning area, but feel that I want to do research unto the area that gave me my living for much of my working life, hence the note on delicious.

I'm in Berlin at a Online Education Conference but will look at your Wiki when I get back.

Thursday, December 01, 2005 4:52:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home