Saturday, September 01, 2007

Network Learning - Getting to grips with Connectivism

Since I began work on the University of Glamorgan Blended Learning Project I've been very influenced by the work on Connectivism being undertaken by George Siemens in Manitoba,

I don't know how many times I've gone back to the article he wrote back in 2005, it outlines the idea so clearly it is well worth revisiting.

George was also influential through his leadership of the Future of Education Conference while, yet again, work meant I didn't get to engage as much with the conference as I would have liked it gave a real insight into the nature of the debate moving into learning which is truly engaging, interactive and networked.

It was through the FoE conference that I encountered James Morrison and his work. His article US HE in transition was useful for me in providing some external thinking about HE here in the UK. Helping to inform the development of the institutional learning, teaching and assessment strategy we have to deliver to HEFCW .

His article Using the Futures Program as a Tool for Transformation is also insightful for anyone managing organisational change in academic institutions. Another of his articles makes the link between organisational and instructional development. This is one of the key issues I've been trying to explore in my conference paper with Tony Toole during ALT-C. Organisation and deleivery of learning can use similar skills and tools in the Web2.0 world.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home